Baccarat is the perfect casino game for players looking for a sophisticated and fast-paced game without many complicated rules. Along with roulette, baccarat is arguably one of the easiest games to understand, which is why it has remained popular all these years.
Our baccarat rules guide will lay out all the important aspects of the game that players should be aware of before getting started.
The game of baccarat can have multiple players, but the gameplay is reduced to one player and the dealer. The player and the dealer each receive a hand containing two cards, and the goal of baccarat is to make the hand closest to nine.
However, in order to win real money in online baccarat, participants must bet on one of three possible outcomes: the player wins, the dealer wins, or a tie. The croupier does most of the work in the game, allowing players to focus on their baccarat strategy.
The following steps show you how to play baccarat at both land-based and online casinos:
The dealer requires all bets to be placed on the baccarat table.
Participants place bets on whether the dealer or player will have a hand closest to a nine, or whether they will have a tie. Once the chips are placed on the table, they cannot be moved.
- After the bets are made, the cards are dealt.
The dealer and the player receive a hand containing two cards (known as a flip).
- The player places a bet.
After the initial deal, the player bets whether his or the dealer’s hand is closer to nine or if they will tie.
- Both sides open their hands.
If any hand totals eight or nine, it is called “natural” and is declared the winner.
- A third card is potentially drawn.
If there are neither eight nor nine in either hand, the player and the banker may draw a third card, subject to certain conditions.
- The player draws a third card if his starting hand is less than six.
If there are six or seven in a player’s initial hand, they cannot draw another card.
- When the player should be standing, the dealer can potentially take a third card.
Like the player, the dealer can only take a third card if the sum of their hands is less than six.
- If the player takes a third card, the dealer must follow different rules depending on the value of the card drawn.
- If the player drew a deuce or three of a kind, the dealer draws 0-4 and is left with 5-7.
- If the player has drawn a four or five, the dealer draws 0-5 and is left with 6-7.
- If the player has drawn a six or seven, the dealer draws a 0-6 and is left with a 7.
- If the player drew an eight, the dealer draws 0–2 and is left with 3–7.
- If the player has drawn an ace, 9, 10, or face card, the dealer draws 0-3 and is left with 4-7.
- The dealer announces the winner and distributes any money.
Bets on the Banker or Player win pay out 1:1, but the Banker bet includes a 5% commission. Bets on a draw are paid 8:1.
Baccarat is a card game in which participants place bets on the amount of their own hand or the hands of other players. There are three types of baccarat: chemmy, Punto Banco and Euromillions. The last two options are usually offered at online casinos. To win at this game, it is important that you understand the basic rules and format of the game so that you can play confidently and win! Thank you for reading the article on our blog about the rules of playing baccarat in online casinos.